Author: Kelly Zhang
Make a delicious, filling soup that’s high in fiber and protein. It’s perfect for meal prep, and I always stock a portion or two in the freezer. Both the vegan and omni versions are delicious.
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 garlic cloves or 2 tsp jarred minced garlic
- 400 g dried green or brown lentils
- 60 g spinach
- 2 carrots
- 4 celery stalks
- 2 bay leaves
- 0.5 tbsp dried thyme
- 2 L water
- 5 g chicken bouillon powder (see Recipe Notes for vegan substitution)
- 6 g salt
- Chop onion, carrot, and celery into small bite-sized pieces. Roughly chop spinach. Mince garlic if using whole cloves.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the Instant Pot or slow cooker. Stir a few times.
- For traditional slow cooker, leave on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 8 hours.
- For Instant Pot SLOW COOK mode, set on HIGH for 7 hours.
- For Instant Pot PRESSURE COOK mode, leave on HIGH for 5 minutes, then natural release (or 8 minutes for quick release).