Author: Kelly Zhang
(And the tastiest too!) These simple 4-ingredient ladoos are so creamy and delicious, I couldn’t stop eating them even before they cooled down. Did I mention it’s a one-pot recipe?!
- 60 g butter or ghee (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 heaping cup besan aka chickpea flour
- 5 whole cardamom pods, blended into powder in a high-speed blender, or 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
- 1 cup powdered sugar (or less if you prefer)
- Melt butter or ghee in a small saucepan on medium heat.
- Add chickpea flour and mix evenly with a spatula or wooden spoon to form a crumbly mixture.
- Stir continuously until butter starts to come out of the mixture, creating a paste that resembles thick peanut butter. (You may want to turn heat to medium-low at this point, so you can be lazier and stir less often while reducing the chance of burning it.) This step takes a looong time so don’t get impatient or give up hope! Your first sign that the mixture is almost there is when it starts getting darker in places.
- Turn off the heat and mix in the powdered sugar and cardamom.
- When it has cooled enough to handle, take handfuls of the mixture and roll with your palms into ping pong-sized balls. Place on a piece of plastic wrap or parchment paper and let it cool before enjoying (optional).