- Cookbooks of Antiquity
- Modern Cookbooks
- Old Cookbooks
- British Cuisine
- The Boston cooking-school cook book
- Breakfast and savoury dishes (Florence B Jack)
- Breakfast and savoury dishes (Rose Owen)
- The Broadlands cookery-book : a comprehensive guide to the principles and practice of food reform
- The country house : a collection of useful information and recipes : adapted to the country gentleman and his household, and of the greatest utility to the housekeeper generally
- Domestic and economical cookery recipes : with special hints on gas cooking
- The Englishwoman’s cookery book : being a collection of economical recipes taken from her “Book of household management”
- Five thousand receipts in all the useful and domestic arts
- The Godey’s Lady’s book receipts and household hints
- High-class cookery made easy
- Katharine Mellish’s Cookery and domestic management, including economic & middle class practical cookery (Volume 1 and Volume 2)
- The King’s College Hospital book of cooking recipes : being a collection of recipes contributed by Friends of the Hospital and published in aid of the Fund for the Removal of King’s College Hospital to South London
- Middle class cookery book
- Miss Beecher’s domestic receipt book
- Modern Day Cookery for Private Families
- Mrs Beeton’s Cookery Book
- The new cyclopædia of domestic economy, and practical housekeeper
- The Northampton cookery book : favourite recipes tested by well-known ladies
- Practical cooking and dinner giving
- Recipes by Bradford Lifeboat Bazaar
- Valuable recipes for cooking Duryeas’ Improved Corn Starch
- Recipes for high-class cookery : as used in the Edinburgh School of Cookery
- Domestic economy, and cookery, for rich and poor [electronic resource] : containing an account of the best English, Scotch, French, Oriental, and other foreign dishes ; preparations of broths and milks for consumption ; receipts for sea-faring men, travellers, and children’s food ; together with estimates and comparisons of dinners and dishes ; the whole composed with the utmost attention to health, economy, and elegance
- Handwritten Recipe Book and additional volume
- The art of French cookery
- Colette’s best recipes : a book of French cookery
- The French Cook: a system of fashionable, practical, and economical cookery, adapted to the use of English families (5th Edition and 8th Edition)
- Easy French cookery : containing over 300 economical and attractive recipes from a celebrated chef’s note-book
- French cookery: comprising L’art de la cuisine francaise, Le patissier royal, Le cuisinier parisien
- French cookery adapted for English families
- French cookery for ladies
- French Dishes for American Tables
- French domestic cookery : combining economy with elegance, and adapted to the use of families of moderate fortune
- The French family cook : being a complete system of French cookery
- French household cooking : with a number of recipes from the best Paris chefs, simple and inexpensive
- The gastronomic regeneration : a simplified and entirely new system of cookery
- A guide to modern cookery
- The ideal cookery book
- Manual of French cookery : dedicated to the housekeepers and cooks of England who wish to study the art / simplified for the benefit of the most unlearned by one who has tested the receipts.
- The new professed cook : adapted to the famillies of either noblemen, gentlemen, or citizens, containing upwards of seven hundred French and English practical receipts in cookery and one hundred in confectionary, to which is added bottling of fruits and juices, home-made wines, distilling, pickling and preserving, and many other articles of information necessary to be known by every mistress of a family, and servant
- The royal cookery book (le livre de cuisine)
- The royal cookery book (le livre de cuisine) : comprising domestic and high-class cookery
Cookbooks of Antiquity
A collection of “most important and influential American cookbooks from the late 18th to early 20th century.”
Interesting blog that tries out and documents old Californian recipes.
All of these books are old as hell, and are therefore in the public domain. They’re free to use for non-commercial purposes.
I have a special place in my heart for this book!! It features a picture of Hermes on the cover! ♡
The “Culinary Arts” chapter containing recipes starts on page 194 (200 in the pdf).
The cursive writing is extremely hard to read, but this looks like someone’s personally recipe collection.
French and English versions of each recipe.
The author, Martínez Montiño, was the chief chef for King Philip III of Spain at the time the book was published.